1. Postponement of the Frederick Gage Todd National Scholarship / 2. Summary of the LACF March Board Meeting / 3. Annual Members' Meeting to be Held by Videoconference //
Postponement of the Frederick Gage Todd National Scholarship
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to confirm that the LACF Executive Committee has made the difficult decision to postpone the 2020 edition of the inaugural Frederick Gage Todd National Scholarship. The postponement of the scholarship is a result of the challenges for all of the participants who might be preparing submissions, adjudicating the review and facilitating the award. Given the state of emergency and its unknown duration, LACF will reset the timelines once this unprecedented emergency is resolved.
Summary of the LACF March Board Meeting
Check out the highlights of the March, 2020, LACF Board videoconference:
- modified by-laws were approved by the Board for presentation at the Annual Members' Meeting: https://lacf.ca/about-lacf/annual-members-meeting
- the terms of reference for the Finance Committee were approved
- investment and fundraising strategies in light of the COVID-19 pandemic were discussed
- further review of the Special Grants Policy was initiated
Annual Members' Meeting to be Held by Videoconference
The CSLA-AALA Congress has been postponed until further notice. The LACF Annual Members' Meeting will therefore be held by videoconference.